All across the globe, 2019 is shaping up to be one of the hottest years ever recorded. While Europe and South Asia battle record-shattering heat waves, Florida is no exception. The Sunshine State is also seeing a number of heat warnings and advisories issued this summer.
If you’ve booked a trip with a fishing charter in Sarasota, FL, you may assume that your time out on the water will offer you some level of relief from the heat. After all, it’s almost always cooler by the ocean, and you’ll be traveling at a speedy clip while you journey out to your fishing site.
In fact, the cool of the sea breeze may distract you from how hot and sunny it actually is, potentially leading to dehydration and irrational behavior. If you’re out fishing off the Florida coast, it’s important to pay attention to heat warnings and advisories, and make informed, knowledgeable decisions to protect yourself from possibly experiencing heat-related health emergencies.
Heat stroke, dehydration and other heat-related conditions are serious and life-threatening. If you’re planning to join a fishing charter in Sarasota, FL during a summer heat advisory, here are a few things that you can do to minimize your potential health risks:
- Drink lots of water: This should go without saying, but it’s extremely important to stay hydrated when the temperatures are high. Even if you don’t feel thirsty, you should be consistently drinking water when it’s hot outside. This will help keep your body running as it should.
- Wear sunscreen: It’s important to protect your skin, even when it seems like the sun is obscured by clouds. Wear a doctor-recommended sunscreen while out on a hot day. This will also help prevent your body from absorbing the sun’s rays, resulting in less heat absorption.
- Consume electrolytes: When you’re sweating profusely, there’s a good chance that you’re losing lots of electrolytes. Enjoy a sports drink or juice that’s rich in electrolytes to replenish your body’s energy supply and maintain your health.
- Stay in the shade: If the temperatures are high, don’t spend any amount of time in the direct sun. Instead, stick to a shady area. This will help you keep your cool, even when it’s really hot outside. It will also help you avoid sunburns.
- Pay attention to your body: You should pay attention to any symptoms of heat stroke or dehydration that your body is exhibiting. If you have any preexisting health conditions, you should likely stay indoors when the heat is too high.
Charter Boat Shark is a trusted fishing charter in Sarasota, FL. We’re proud to provide our clients with high-quality fishing experiences unlike any other. If you’re ready for the adventure of a lifetime, consider joining a charter with Charter Boat Shark. Contact one of our friendly representatives today to learn more about our summer charter options, and to secure your spot on one of our deep-sea sports boats. We offer charter fishing packages designed to meet a wide range of skill levels, interests and more.
Categorised in: Fishing Charter